Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Headshots Everywhere!


This falls under the category of random stuff I see. 

Here's the story; I bought a new suit over the weekend and with my purchase, I got some nice take-away swag.  One of the items was a nice shaving kit from The Art of Shaving.  Inside the box was a $25 coupon, and on the reverse side of it was this image. 

Here's why it's important to me.  The one thing I do most with my headshot work is to get people to engage their mouth, eyes & eyebrows.  Those are the three things on our face we have control over, and those are the three things that show our emotion, mood & feeling.  I coach people every day with how to manipulate the features on their face to convey a look of confidence with approachability in a still photo. 

The strong shadowing is a bit extreme for what I do, but this guy is definitely engaging all three features.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment