Wednesday, May 30, 2012

New Fashion Sneakers



I went on a little shoe shopping spree today and bought three new pair of shoes.  Two pair of fashion sneakers, and one pair of dress shoes.  Now, since I'm a photographer (and I had today off), I couldn't just snap a few iphone pictures to show off my new shoes.  I should do it better, so I decided to set them up for a shoot.

I saw a picture on flickr recently that was sort of inspiration for this, so I went out and bought some fishing line and spent the next several hours setting them up.

Here's the final images along with a few setup shots.










This last image is a screen shot from Capture One showing what the file looks like straight from the camera with no post.  The only thing done in Photoshop was cloning out all the string and adding the spot gradient (thanks to Jeremy for the advice).  Three strobes were used for lighting.

This was a fun, albeit time consuming shoot.  I haven't done this type of "hover" shoot before and although the images aren't perfect, it was a fun afternoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment